Andar Bahar is one of the popular Indian card games that you had probably grown up seeing adults play when you were children. After a certain age and understanding, maybe you got playing the game as well.
It is widely played at Indian festivals or when the extended family gets together like most other card games. Andar Bahar is said to have originated from the state of Karnataka and has a history attached to it that stretches back to 100 years.
Despite originating in Karnataka, the card game knows no borders and is played in every other state, spanning every religion, culture, and language. Andar Bahar is known by multiple names like Maang Patta, Katti, and Andar churi.
With the rise of online casinos, betting, and gambling sites on the internet, the game can be enjoyed worldwide by Indian and non-Indian audiences, a significant development for online gamers in India.
And the fact that the card game is featured on online casinos gives enthusiastic players, both amateurs and professionals, an opportunity to earn money through wagering – something which was not possible during childhood.
Best Andar Bahar Online Casinos
|See full review||
200 Free Spins
+ ₹50000 Bonus
|See full review||
|See full review||
How to Play Andar Bahar Explained
- Online Andar Bahar is played with a 52-card deck.
- The players play against the dealer. Therefore, the dealer deals a joker card initially. The joker can be any like 9 of diamonds, 7 of hearts, or 8 of spades.
- After the joker is dealt, the dealer starts dealing other cards in the deck and places them on the ‘Andar’ side of the ‘Bahar’ side.
- The card that holds the same number as the joker card is the winner. E.g., If the joker card is 7 of spades, then the winning card can be 7 of hearts or 7 of diamonds.
- The dealer keeps dealing the cards till a winner card is placed on the table.
- The player has to bet or wager on which side the winning card will be placed; the Andar side or the Bahar side. In the end, the side on which the winning card is placed wins, and the winning player takes the profit in that round.
Best Andar Bahar Casinos in India
As previously mentioned, Andar Bahar is a popular card game for Indians worldwide and therefore is featured on most of the top gambling sites offering attractive welcome bonuses and promotions.
Let us discuss the best 5 online casinos to play Andar Bahar online;
Playing online Andar Bahar on LeoVegas is a great experience topped with a rewarding welcome bonus of up to 80,000 INR.
- ComeOn! India:
One of the favourites in the casino gaming world to wager on card games, ComeOn! The casino welcomes new players with a generous bonus of 100% up to 10,000 INR.
At Casumo, the players are engaged in high-intensity slot games and card games, making it one of the best hubs to try your luck at Andar Bahar. The welcome bonus offered is 100% up to 50,000 INR.
BetWay is a top-rated site among online gamblers, particularly for the wide range of games and sports betting services. If you would like to wager on online Andar Bahar, then BetWay is where you should head to. They offer a welcome bonus of 100% up to 2500 INR.
Offering the best customer services and an interactive website design, 22Bet casino features various games, including Andar Bahar. The welcome bonus offered is 100% up to 25,000 INR.
Predefined rules and regulations govern casino sites: welcome bonuses and promotions, and every site have a rule book different from its peers. So, it is best to go through T&Cs of every potential casino site before choosing your destination to play Andar Bahar.
|See full review||
200 Free Spins
+ ₹50000 Bonus
|See full review||
|See full review||
Types of Andar Bahar Games Online
Live Andar Bahar
Live-casinos are very popular and suited for individuals who like to interact with their fellow players and dealers. The development and game become thrilling because you get to be part of the action live with a real-life dealer.
Most live-casino Andar Bahar games are streamed through high-quality systems with relevant casino-based settings in the background. The dealer is present in front of you with a deck of cards and starts dealing with them. You can live chat with fellow players and the dealer—other additional features like personalizing your camera angles, zoom angles, and languages.
In live-casino, after the dealer is done with dealing cards and placing them according to the Andar side or Bahar side rules, the dealer will then ask the players to place their bets. If you are an amateur or find it hard to place a bet, the dealer will be more than happy to help you out with it.
After a winning card falls, the dealer declares the card game and the players with the winning bet.
Video Andar Bahar
If playing alone and not interacting with other players is your thing, then video Andar Bahar games are for you. In this type of play Andar Bahar online variation, the game is featured in a 2D or 3D fashion.
This variant lacks the presence of a live dealer and live players alongside you. The game is controlled by simulated software, and the numbers and cards generated are governed by the random number generator system, which is technically part of the software itself.
Video Andar Bahar gives you the advantage of making decisions without the pressure of other players and the dealer acting upon you. You can choose the side bets you wish and wagers more conveniently.
Also, the game has a faster pace than live Andar Bahar.
Single Player Free Game
Playing for the first time at online casinos can be intimidating because you are wagering your money, and no matter how small or big the amount is, you will be anxious about losing it.
Although online Andar Bahar is a reasonably easy game compared to other online card games, if you are playing it for the first time, it is best to use virtual money or play for free.
Many casino sites provide simulation games or free games to play Andar Bahar.
Some of the best card game providers for Andar Bahar on the best online casinos are:
- OneTouch – They expertise in making casino gaming apps suitable to play on the phone and tablet.
- Super Spade Games – Based out of India, this software provider designs high-quality games with a user-friendly interface. Their speciality is the Speed Andar Bahar game.
- Ezugi – This gaming provides supplies a basic Andar Bahar variant, which is very popular among amateur and seasoned players.
- X-Pro Gaming – Specializing in live casino games, this gaming designer is known for its live Andar Bahar variant, one of the most played versions.
How to Play Andar Bahar Online
- Andar Bahar is played with a 52-card deck.
- The pack of cards used for playing is cut to reveal a card. This option is only available in live-casino.
- Every player has a 50/50 chance to win on their bets, and the betting odds are 1.9x for each bet on either side.
- The wagering amount can start from as low as 10 INR to 10,000 INR. However, this option can vary from site to site.
- Players can make multiple bets after every card that the dealer deals with.
- The first Andar Bahar card that the dealer deals at the start of a new game round are called the joker. The joker can be any card of any type and any numerical value.
- The joker dictates what the matching card or the winning card will be.
- The Andar side is on the table’s left side, whereas the Bahar side is on the right side.
- Dealing will start from the Andar side if the first card is a black suit, meaning spades or clubs. And if the first is a red suit, that is, hearts or diamonds, then the dealing will start from the Bahar side.
- The dealer will keep dealing the cards and place them alternately to the two sides till a matching card or identity card is drawn. Identical to the numerical value as the joker. This is where the round ends.
- The players wagering on the winning side take the profits handed by the dealer.
- Since the players are playing against the dealer, it will mean losing the bets to the dealer.
Sidebets are designed to get the privilege to make additional bets that are not related to the main game. So, you have a higher chance to make more wins, and thus making the game more welcoming and exciting.
There are three types of side bets:
- The number of cards that are dealt:
In this type of Andar Bahar side bet, you can wager by predicting the quantity or the number of cards that are dealt till the end of the game.
E.g., If the joker is a 9 of diamonds, then the number of the cards dealt with ending the round can be variable. How? The first card dealt by the dealer can be a 9 of hearts, the next three non-identical, the fifth can be a 9 of spades, and the seventh card can be a 9 of clubs. This way, the round has ended after dealing 7 cards because all the identical cards have been placed.
Similarly, the number of cards can be anything from 1 to a completely exhausted deck. Most of the casinos on which you play Andar Bahar online offer a 5-card block system that offers varying odds.
E.g., You can choose a card block of 1-5, in which you are betting that within the first 5 cards, you can get one matching card and the possibility that the round will be finished.
Similarly, there are other blocks like 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, and so on, all the way up to 41+ cards.
The wagering odds depend on which of the 5-card blocks are more likely to succeed. You can even get a 120x odds on your wager if you predict that 41 cards are required to end the round. However, the odds can vary from casino providers.
- The colour and type of joker card:
A simpler Andar Bahar side bet to explain, you can bet on the type of the joker card and the joker card’s colour before it is dealt.
- For the colour: Red or Black odds can be 1.9x of your stake amount.
- For the type: Diamonds, Hearts, Spade, and Clubs, odds can be 3.8x of your stake amount.
- Value of the Joker:
Bet on the numerical value of the joker like;
- If you choose from 2-7; you can land odds of 2x.
- If you select the number ‘8,’ then you land higher odds of 12x.
- If you select 9-Ace, odds can be 2x.
The payout terms of Andar Bahar online can be confusing if read or trying to understand for the first time, but with a couple of games, the concept will be evident.
Nevertheless, our explanation should clear the confusion instantly.
Remember that if the joker is the black suit (Spades or Clubs), then the dealing of the first card starts from the Andar side or the left side of the table.
And if the joker is the red suit (Diamonds or Hearts), then the dealing of the first card starts from the Bahar side or the right side of the table.
Now the winning card is the one that carries the same numerical value as the joker. If the winning card falls into the same side as the first dealt card, the player receives a 90% payout. E.g., If the first card is on the Andar side, and the winning card falls on the same side. So, if your bet is for 100 INR, then you will receive a payout of 190 INR as winnings.
On the other hand, if the winning card falls into the opposite side of the first card, the player receives a 100% payout. E.g., If the first card is on the Bahar side, and the winning card falls on the opposite side, the Andar side. So, if your bet is for 100 INR, then you will receive a payout of 200 INR.
Tips and Tricks for Andar Bahar
Andar Bahar is a straightforward game that is governed by luck. Some common tricks that you can use are:
- Practice on free Andar Bahar game sites, using virtual money.
- Study the odds offered for side-bets and make the most strategic choices to increase your profits.
- Set a budget and put wagers wisely.
- Choose a higher paying table.
- Under the payout system, better.
- Choose the game variant suitable for you; like video casino, live casino, speed game.
Is Andar Bahar Legal to Play in India?
Casinos are not operated in India, as it is illegal. But Indian players can still gamble on casinos that are based offshore online.
Similarly, playing Andar Bahar live casino or live Andar Bahar or any form of Andar Bahar casino is perfectly legal in India.
But always make sure that the casino site you are gambling on is officially authorized and regulated.
Play for Free
Andar Bahar is an exciting game for Indians to earn money. But if you are an amateur getting into online betting, then you may first want to play Andar Bahar with virtual money or without any money. Just a free simulated game.
Playing a free game is always useful for getting practice and understanding the algorithm of the game. This way, you will also know whether the game is for you or not.
Some platforms that offer free Andar Bahar online for practice are Casinoguru, Spinsvilla, and various verified apps on Google PlayStore.
Play Andar Bahar with Real Money
There is nothing more fun than earning real money from wagering on online Andar Bahar for real. With the favourable odds that the game offers that is 50/50 for each side in the game, and 1.9x of the stake, Andar Bahar is perfect for earning money.
The possibility for Indian players to play Andar Bahar with real money has never been better because of multiple deposit and withdrawal methods that are friendly for Indians.
Real Money online casinos in India like BetWay, 22Bet, 10Cric, Leovegas, Casumo, Bodog, ComeOn! and many more have the following financial options for their Indian players:
- Google Pay
- Visa, MasterCard, and RuPay Debit and Credit Cards
- Net banking
How to Deposit Money to Play
Depositing real money in the Andar Bahar live casino is very simple. First, you have to make sure that your casino account has enough money for you to carry out playing Andar Bahar.
- Participate in an Andar Bahar game by choosing your preferred variant of the game and the table.
- The dealer will deal the joker, but you have the option to bet on the type of joker card, numerical value of the joker, and the colour before the joker is placed.
- You will be prompted by the dealer to put your bet, enter the amount and proceed.
- After the joker is revealed, the dealer will start dealing the cards from the deck; after every dealing, the dealer will ask the player to place their bets.
- You can set your bets on the Andar side or the Bahar side by putting in your wager amount on your preferred side, represented by coloured boxes, and proceed.
- If you win your bet, your winning will be immediately credited to you, but your real money will be lost to the dealer upon losing your bet.
If you are a beginner and just getting into online casino gambling, then play Andar Bahar online; it is the best venue for you to get introduced to the betting world.
One of the easiest games to follow; it is entertaining to play and doesn’t consume much time. With low conditions governing the game, Andar Bahar casino is our pick for you. Together with Teen Patti, they are the most played live table games in India!